Energy & Environment
• We represented the States of Kansas and Nebraska in a challenge to EPA’s vehicular emissions model (MOVES2014) before the D.C. Circuit.
• We represented the Energy Future Coalition and several biofuel producers in a challenge to EPA’s alternative certification fuel rule before the D.C. Circuit.
• We have represented biofuel and environmental organizations before EPA in various regulatory proceedings.
• We represented several states challenging EPA’s greenhouse gas regulations in the Supreme Court.
• We filed an amicus brief in the Fourth Circuit on behalf of several Congressmen, arguing that the Clean Air Act preempts attempts to use state tort law to regulate power plant emissions.
• We filed an amicus brief in the D.C. Circuit on behalf of the Energy Future Coalition, regarding the interplay of federal nuclear infrastructure regulation and the Clean Water Act.
• We represent a Texas community bank, and other parties challenging unconstitutional provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act.
• We represent environmental organizations in a district court challenge to EPA’s failure to disclose records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
• We represented judges of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed forces in a suit against the Government for backpay.
• We filed amicus briefs on behalf of State legislators and the Galen Institute in the Supreme Court and the court of appeals in King v. Burwell, a challenge to the IRS regulation extending the Affordable Care Act’s treatment of health insurance plans to those purchased through federal Exchanges.
• We filed an amicus brief in the D.C. Circuit on behalf of bioethics scholars challenging the Department of Health and Human Services’s expansion of federal funding for research involving the destruction of human embryos.
International Regulatory Cooperation
• Ambassador Gray is frequently consulted on matters related to the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (“TTIP”).